Friday, February 20, 2015

Error delegating, Outlook 2010, The Delegates were not saved correctly, cannot activate send-on-behalf-of list, KB2593557

Outlook 2010, error delegating AGAIN.

I had a previous post with problems delegating calendar access in Outlook 2007. Now I am having problems with users delegating Inbox access in Outlook 2010.

Error looks like:

Again, KB2593557 claims to fix the problem but it does NOT! It only suppresses the error.

Add "Write personal information" (and Read personal information) to the "SELF" object in AD on the ACL.

As I looked through my users (randomly), I found some user account already had this set properly and others did not. I do not know how or why this came about but I intend on fixing it.

I figured that I would set the settings at once for all users
use this script

--== Begin Script ==--
$mailboxes = Get-Mailbox

foreach ($mailbox in $mailboxes)
 {
 $user = $mailbox.alias
 $mailboxname = $mailbox.name
 Write-Host "Processing... $user,$mailboxname"
 Add-ADPermission -Identity "$mailboxname" -User 'NT Authority\self' `
    -AccessRights ReadProperty, WriteProperty -Properties 'Personal Information'
 }

--== End Script ==--

Save as .ps1, run from Exchange Management Shell



No comments:

Post a Comment